EUF Position Paper on Guidelines on Connected Clients
EUF has sent a Position Paper on EBA’s Consultation Paper on Guidelines on Connected Clients under Article 4 (1) (39) of Regulation (EU) No 575/2013.
EUF announces Agenda for the 3rd Annual Factoring Summit in Madrid
The EU Federation for the Factoring and Commercial Finance Industry (EUF) is delighted to share the Agenda of the 3rd Annual Factoring Summit to be held in Madrid on Thursday 26th January 2017.
This program provides Industry stakeholders with an unmissable opportunity to hear about and discuss with colleagues the latest developments in the European Industry.
The comprehensive agenda will include:
• Erik Timmermans, EUF Chairman on The State of the Factoring Industry in Europe
• Louis-Marie Durand, Euralia on The European political and regulatory landscape in 2017
• Josep Selles, MD Gedesco on Spain showing the way into Reverse Factoring: An overview of the Factoring/ Confirming Industry in Spain, followed by a presentation of the International Reverse Factoring / Supply Chain Finance Initiative from FCI.
• Leon Dhaene, Director General Eurofinas-Leaseurope giving an Update on the European Leasing Industry: Challenges & Opportunities, Leasing & Factoring - partners in advocacy?
• Dirk Van Strijthem, CEO KBC Commercial Finance and André Casterman, CMO INTIX on Fintech: beyond the buzz. R3, Ripple, Trustbills, etc… An overview of some initiatives that may shape the Factoring Industry.
• Antoine de Chabot, ad interim Chairman of the EUF Legal Committee, Diego Tavecchia, Chairman of the EUF Prudential & Regulatory Committee and John Brehcist, EUF coordinator and researcher for the EUF Legal Study will give a Legal & Regulatory Update for the factoring industry in Europe and share first findings of the brand new EUF Study on Legal & Regulatory environments for Factoring in Europe.
• Diego Tavecchia Assifact, Sebastian Erich OFV et al will review and discuss IFRS and its influence on Factoring
• Erik Timmermans, Chairman EUF and Françoise Palle-Guillabert, Vice-Chairman EUF will gather the themes by Bringing it all together; should we / can we come to a harmonized Legal & Prudential environment for Factoring in Europe?
This comprehensive day of information and discussion is not to be missed by anyone who has a stakeholding position in the EU Factoring and Commercial Finance Industry.
Visit the event page for further details and information on how to book your place.
Erik Timmermans, Chairman of the EUF and Deputy Secretary General of FCI commented “The Annual Factoring summit is rapidly gaining a reputation for being the place to be to get a clear picture of the developments, opportunities and challenges the European FCF Industry faces; don’t miss this opportunity to contribute to its future.”
EU Factoring and Commercial Finance Meeting shares continued Success and Progress
The EU Federation for the Factoring and Commercial Finance Industry (EUF) held a Members’ Networking Meeting in Amsterdam on 19th September.
Representatives of the Federation’s Members (who between them represent around 97% of the European industry business turnover) were present both to hear from the ExCom and Technical Committees (who shared the extensive and effective range of lobbying and PR activities undertaken over the last twelve months) and to discuss and inform the Committees’ plans for the coming year.
The EUF has been active in lobbying the European Banking Association, the European Central Bank, the Basel Committee, European Commission, Parliament and Council on a wide range of issues including The Capital Markets Union, AnaCredit proposals, NBNI G-SIFIs reporting, Shadow Banking, the Net Stable Funding Ratio requirements and the role of the Supporting Factor in the provision of SME Finance.
In a busy year, the EUF has also held a second successful Factoring Summit, a Breakfast Workshop and published its White Paper on the Industry. The unique EUF comparative Legal Study will now be updated for a second time to take account of the latest developments in both individual country and European law and regulation.
Members were given a copy of the “hot off the press” EUF Yearbook 2015-16 which highlights all these actions and future plans.
Erik Timmermans, Chairman of the EUF and Deputy Secretary General of FCI commented “It was good to be able to update the whole membership on the progress the EUF has made and to share ideas on how and where we can make further impacts on the development of regulation and lawmaking in Europe”.
Third EU Factoring and Commercial Finance Summit
The EU Federation in cooperation with FCI will be organising the 3rd EU Factoring and Commercial Finance Summit, to be held in Madrid, Spain, on 25-26 January 2017.
The conference will take place at the Westin Palace Madrid.
Save the date! More information will come soon!
Brexit: the French Association of Specialised Financial Companies (ASF) takes stock of the British vote and requests that all relevant consequences be drawn quickly
PRESS RELEASE 7 JULY 2016: British citizens have made a democratic choice for their country to exit the European Union. The French Association of Specialised Financial Companies takes stock of this decision with regret.
Highly committed to the pursuit of the European project – a guarantor of peace, liberty, solidarity and prosperity in a global world – ASF would like for decisions that prevent the risk of destabilisation or contagion to be taken rapidly.
Meeting on 5 July, the ASF Board requested that French and European authorities draw all of the necessary consequences flowing from the activation of Article 50 of the Treaty, notably as regards the governance of the European Union and its institutions as well as in the financial area with the withdrawal of the European passport and the relocation of the European Banking Authority to an area within the European Union.
Meanwhile, finance industry professionals will continue to pay close attention to fair competition in the context of representing and defending their businesses.
The French Association of Specialised Financial Companies (Association Française des Sociétés Financières - ASF) comprises all specialised financial companies: 286 companies exercising multiple activities (consumer credit, real estate and equipment leasing, factoring, securities guarantees for companies or individuals, investment services providers,…).
In the factoring segment, France is the third-largest market worldwide behind the United Kingdom and China and has several French companies represented amongst the top 10 European and global factoring companies.
For company equipment leasing and property leasing, France is the European Union’s fourth-largest market and the leading European company is French.
Lastly, two of the three largest European consumer credit firms are French.
Contacts: Françoise Palle-Guillabert, Managing Director +33 (0)1 53 81 51 51
Isabelle Bouvet, Assistant +33 (0)1 53 81 51 56
You can download ASF's press release here: